It was good to meet again
Over 250 joined HEART UK at its annual conference from Wednesday 6 - Friday 8 July where we blended face to face and virtual attendance to hear the latest thinking and best practice in lipid management and treatments
Build new collaborations and renew old friendships
- Congratulate our prize winners - see who won a prize
- View programme
- Approved by the Federation of the Royal Colleges of Physicians of the United Kingdom for up to 10 category 1 (external) CPD credit(s).
- Programme endorsed by the British Dietetic Association
- Virtual attendance options available. On demand access available to all attendees.
Who is this conference for?
The leading conference for medical, scientific, healthcare and student attendees with an interest in lipids, atherosclerosis, cholesterol conditions, cardiovascular disease and nutrition and involved in primary and secondary care or industry.
Join HEART UK to hear the latest thinking and best practice in lipid management and treatments.
How will you benefit?
100% of surveyed attendees said they would be able to apply the learnings from the conference into their day to day practice to improve patient outcomes.
Conference target audience:
Consultants, SpRs, Chemical Pathologists, Clinical Lipidologists, Geneticists, Cardiologists, Vascular Surgeons, Stroke Physicians, General Practitioners, GPs with Specialist Interest in CVD, Physicians, Diabetologists, Scientists and researchers in cardiovascular diseases, Specialist FH nurses, Dietitians, Nutritionists, Ancillary health professionals, Caring Professionals, Community Pharmacists, Directors of Public Health, Healthcare Commissioners and any other health professional with an interest in lipids.
- Abstract submission submission
- Abstract authors notified of outcome
- email notification sent 27 April
- Rianna Wingett Award nominations
- Travel grant application deadline
- Travel grant applicants notified of outcome
- w/c 9 May
- Rianna Wingett applicants notified of outcome
- w/c 9 May
- Registration early bird deadline
- Monday 23 May
Find out more...
Can we help?
Tel: 01543 503 322
Keeping the HEART UK community covid safe
The HEART UK conference committee wishes to ensure that the conference will take place in a covid secure environment. The committee will be working together with the University of Warwick to provide a covid safe environment throughout the conference.
HEART UK will follow safe best practices and government guidance and will continually review attendance requirements based on available information.
To help keep our educational community safe, and those working on behalf of the venue and other suppliers, currently we request that in-person attendees adhere to the below.
Checked by venue staff on your arrival to Oculus
Please arrive in good time – we will be opening registration earlier to minimise queuing.
- Show proof of double vaccine certification through the NHS app
- This can be either on your smartphone or printed.
- Find out how to obtain your covid pass letter.
- Undertake a lateral flow test (LFT) daily before arrival and show negative results on entry to the venue.
- This can be either a photo of the LFT or the auto notification given if you log your result on the government website.
- Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral test result.
- We appreciate that some attendees may be exempt from the above.
- It is important that you notify us in advance if this is the case.
- Show proof of immunity following a positive covid result and the appropriate number of days of isolation as per government guidance.
Within the Oculus Building
- Continue to wear a mask during your time in the venue.
- Wash hands regularly (anti-bac stations are available throughout the venue).
- Adhere to the social distancing guidance in place at the time.
- Doors will be open, where possible, to allow for the circulation of fresh air.
- Please bring your own lanyard to wear during the conference.
- Please bring your own water bottle (water coolers will be available throughout to re-fill your bottles).
Exhibition Opportunities 2022
An unmissable opportunity to speak with decision-makers, prescribers and buyers
If you are interested in sponsoring or supporting the conference, please contact the conference logistics office for more details and a prospectus.
All sponsorship is booked on a first come, first served basis.
The conference is sponsored by various organisations. These organisations have had no input into the development of the conference programme, or influenced the choice of speakers.
This excludes the sponsored symposia sessions where the programme is developed and speakers identified by the sponsor. Sponsoring organisations will not be contributing in any way to the organisation and running of any social activities around the conference period.
- Natasha Dougall
- +44 (0) 7967 563 754